Sunday, December 28, 2008

Team Gaijin NiJiKai

Carl here...

After the Shiramizu Bonnenkai, Team Gaijin (Richard, Carl, Amy, Lawrence) headed to a Karaoke place in Kasukabe for a continuation of the end of year celebrations - Japanese style!

Team Gaijin NiJiKai – Karaoke Baby!
This was the first time that I’ve ever done karaoke, with an audience anyway!

But Richard started us off with a bit of U2,


...and then Amy took over and sang along to every song after that.


...and this was before we started the music!

I think this is the full playlist, though I’m not sure about the order:

U2 – With or Without You – (Richard)
Queen – Don’t stop me now – (Lawrence)
Maroon 5 – Sunday Morning – (Carl)
Savage Garden – I want you – (Amy)
Radiohead – Creep – (Richard)
Savage Garden – Truly Madly Deeply – (Lawrence & Amy)
Robbie Williams – Rock DJ – (Carl)
Blur – Charmless Man – (Amy)
Cheap Trick – I want you to want me - (Richard)
Rhianna – Umbrella – (Lawrence & Richard)
Meat Loaf – Two out of Three Ain’t Bad – (Carl)
Destiny’s Child – Independent Woman – (Amy)
Destiny’s Child – Say my Name – (Amy)
Bon Jovi – Livin’ on a prayer – (Richard, Lawrence, Amy, Carl)
Diana Ross– I will Survive – (Lawrence, Richard, Amy)
Simon & Garfunkel – Sound of Silence – (Carl)
Smash Mouth – All star – (Amy & Carl)
Blondie – Heart of Glass – (Amy)
Green Day – American Idiot – Finale!! – (Everyone)

I’d like to apologise to the singers and songwriters on behalf of Team Gaijin, for murdering perfectly good songs! I’m blaming the sake!!!

In summary I must say that I am something of a karaoke legend...


This is me, not forgetting the words...

I have the ability to forget the words to songs (even though they are on the TV screen in front of me!) and I can’t keep rhythm...


...but as you can see from the photos, we all had a great time regardless!

No comments: